Sunday, February 3, 2008

Super Bowl


It was the big game. The 18-0 Patriots versus the 5 seeded Giants. It was a game the Giants weren't suppose to win... but they did and now the Patriots perfect season is a waste. Winning your first 18 games means absolutely nothing since they last 2 hours ago and no doubt people are celebrating that the patriots didn't go undefeated. But Why? Why do people love to hate the Patriots. Before you accuse this Texan of liking the Patriots, I'll be the first to admit that I am guilty of the hating as well. I'll admit it. I hate Brady and Bellicheck and the Patriots!! I hate them... but like everyone else, I don't have a valid reason. Lets look at Brady first. Other then having a child out of wedlock, he's not a bad guy. He's a winner. That's it. If any thing we should love him. He's the american dream. He is a sixth round draft pick, listed fourth on the depth chart and after a few years of work and a little bit of luck the guy becomes the starting quarterback and leads the team to 3 superbowls in 5 years. Other might look to his lack of class after the superbowl but how would you feel. You go 18-0 and being talked about as possibly being the greatest team ever, then you go out and lose the only game that matters. The first thing your going to want to do is talk to the media right?? All I'm saying is that I understand if they are not as cordial with media types as we would like them to be. Now, what about Brady compared to other winners. Growing up in an era of MJ, I would classify him as a winner too but he doesn't have the same distain that Brady carries among non-Pats fans. I don't know, I have no reason only feelings. As for the Patriots as a team the only thing they are guilty of is winning also. They're not a team you hear about as playing dirty of that have off the field issues yet we still love to hate them. I'm not trying to argue for liking the Pats. I haven't even convinced myself much less expected to convince you. All I'm saying is to just think about it. 

No comments: