Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Off in to the Knight


Play Jeopardy with me for a minute. Here's the answer. Three National Basketball titles, an Olympic Gold Medal and a winningest male D-I basketball coach of all time with 902. The question? What are three things Coach Bob Knight wont be remembered for. So he chocked a kid at Indiana and slapped another one at Texas Tech. There is no denying this guy isn't first on your list of most diplomatic coaches in Mens Basketball, but he never pretended to be. When he dies and is buried he wants to be buried face down "so his critics can kiss his ass." That's the type of statement that describes Bob Knight. But you know what. I want to play for him and I would love my son to play for him. Those kids he hit probably deserved it. I'm not trying to be mean but that is what I believe. For example, the kid at Tech had his head down while Knight was talking to him. I would do the same to my kid if he wasn't paying attention. I'm not trying to justify what Knight did. It's just his style and the media loved to hate on him for it. This guy did a lot of things for the game of basketball and I hope that his legacy is more the a choke hold of a thrown chair.

2 comments:

rverduzcojr said...

Hey Kevin, this is looking pretty legit buddy.

Bobby Knight leaving basketball is a sad day for Texas Tech basketball. He took the program out of the obscurity that they were in. He will be greatly missed...Let me hear what you think about other coaching oppurtunities he may have?

Kevin Sanchez said...

Not sure man but all the Samson nonsense at Indiana has a lot of people wondering?