Monday, February 18, 2008

All Star Weekend

I don't know why, but I am not a fan of all star games. Either the pro-bowl, NBA or MLB all star games are just boring to me. The only worth while thing to me is all the pageantry before the game even begins. For example, the slam dunk contest was pretty entertaining and the skills competition is all was interesting to see, but the game to me is just boring. Similar to my dislike for Tom Brady, I can't give you a reason why. Maybe I am from the old school and like a little defense. 91 points in the middle of the third quarter is ridiculous to me. Maybe I don't like it because of the fan voting. But you know what, it is a game for the fans; and it doesn't matter how much journalists hate it as long as the fans keep on lovin' it. 

1 comment:

e said...

I actually enjoy baseball's game because there means something to it. I think basketball should do that as well. The Conference that wins gets homecourt advantage in the finals. May make it a bit more interesting.