Sunday, March 23, 2008

Shut-Up and Play

Ok...Maybe I'm biased but I think teams should just shut up and play. What am I talking about you may be asking yourself? Well...I'm talking about the Final Four and all the crap that UT is getting for playing their regional semis and finals just two and a half hours from Austin in the great city of Houston. This past week on ESPN every analyst made sure to point it out.  The only sane on on ESPN is probably the one that gets the most flack from fans...and that is former Texas Tech coach Bobby Knight. Knight said that no matter where you play, if you want to be a champion you're going to have to win. When you start allowing for excuses like location that is when your team can find a pit fall. To be a champion I feel that you have to be the best not only on your home court but on any home court. It's time we stop looking for scandals in sports and just play ball. 

No comments: