Tuesday, March 18, 2008

HeartWarming

We always hear about the bad guys in sports. We hear about DWI's and arrests and how athletes at the professional and college level are always getting in to trouble. But every once in a while an athlete will do something to restore your faith in  man kind. The story I'm getting at here involves The University of Texas Softball team.  Just last week I recently went to dinner with four UT softball players with my 12 year old sister. Working everyday with these players I have come to see them as friends. It wasn't until I walked in to the locker room with my little sister that made me realize that they were more then that. Seeing a girl that I tower over, tower over my sister made me see how these girls play such a huge role in the lives of little girls who come to watch them play. That isn't even the half of it. It was great to see how willing these girls interacted with my sister and her friends at dinner. To see her face light up as she sat at a dinner table with her heros as equals was really something to see. The best part was that it wasn't even my idea. It was the idea of the players when I told them I had family coming in to town. It was really great to see that there are some good guys or girls in sports today. 

No comments: